SEC Self Help
Please follow the information provided if having problem getting your SEC100 or SEC200 to work.
- Your computer cannot find the device. Check your USB port and try switching to another port.
- Press the "Apply and Test Device" button. Does your device flash? Check to see if you have the correct devise selected (SEC100 or SEC200).
- When testing your device keep the "Keep Sonic Connect active" button checked.
Double check your Email Address, Login Name, and Password these are the most common errors.
- If your email provider is not under Quick Fill drop down list please contact or Google your provider for the Server Name, Incoming Port and Mail Protocol information.
- If you are on a server at work, contact your IT professional for the correct settings.
- Under the Quick Fill drop down list scroll to the bottom and select "TESTSec@sonicalert.com" to check that a firewall is not blocking your email.
If you are still having trouble connecting your device, go to help and follow these quick steps:
- Click the "Copy Support Info to Clipboard".
- Launch your email program and open a new mail message.
- In the "To" field, enter SECsupport@sonicalert.com.
- In the "Subject" field, enter "Sonic-connect help".
- In the body of the email, paste the settings you copied in step 1"Subject" field, enter "Sonic-connect help".
- In the body of the email, paste the settings you copied into your clipboard (this action will not copy your privacy settings, such as your password).
- Send the email and with this information we will be able to check your settings for any errors and we will get back to you within 24 hours.